On my recent trip to the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference in Boston, I got a chance to sit down and chat with Alexi Lalas, former player of USMNT, GM of LA Galaxy and a senior analyst for Soccer at ESPN. Alexi was also on the increasingly popular Soccer panel at the SSAC.
We chatted about the MLS, the recent win of US over Italy, the upcoming Euro 2012, SPain’s chances and some La Liga topics. Enjoy the great insights of Alexi. You may give him feedback directly at @AlexiLalas or leave a comment here.
Forzafutbol thanks Alexi for spending time to do this interview.
Duration – 19 min
1. Growth of MLS in the past 10 years
2. Can you compare the usage of analytics during your playing career to nowadays?
3. What is the best way to bridge the gap between how the coaches scheme & gameplan for games and the numbers and stats that the analytics geeks produce?
4. Favorite team outside of US?
5. Who are you rooting for in Euro 2012
6. Do you watch spanish football?
7. if yes, which is your favorite
8. What do you think La Liga needs to do get the better audience in the US?
9. Cristano vs Messi
10. Real Madrid vs Barça
11. Mourinho vs Pep Guardiola