In this pod we have a special guest, Eduardo Alvarez of ESPN Soccernet from Brazil. Eduardo discusses all the current topics of La Liga and as usual, gives his insightful view points. You may read Eduardo’s weekly columns on ESPN Soccernet.
Listen, enjoy and let us know what do you think about it.
- The impact of the ‘Big Two’ stockpiling talent and turning into factories of loans.
- Why do they prefer to have a Hamit Altintop in the squad rather than a canterano.
- The cases of Sergio Canales and Oriol Romeu.
- Can Barcelona survive without any new signings on the defence and solely depending on the cantera?
- The madness of the new kick-off times of La Liga and if this will be a successful move for LFP.
- Ley Concursal: The financial mess in La Liga.
- Why the financial fair-play code of UEFA wont have the desired effect on the Spanish clubs.
- The nefarious business of powerful agents like Jorge Mendes and how they are making matters worse for running football business.
- The uncanny similarities between the the causes for the economic meltdown of 08/09 and football in general and spanish football in particular.
Segment #3 24 min
- Eduardo covered the recently concluded Copa America extensively. He talks about the performance of Diego Forlán and the rest of La Liga players
- The summer of discontent between Forlán and Atlético
- He also touched upon some promising youngsters like Adrián Luna (Espanyol) and James Rodriguez (Porto)
- We round off the show with some La Liga small talk: The Basque teams, Bielsa, Málaga, Super Cup
- Eduardo gives us his Top 5 and the relegation candidates for the upcoming season